4.02.2012

Protocol

I had my nurse talk today, paid for my IVF cycle, and went over my protocol with the RE. He is concerned about my diminished ovarian reserve, and took that in account in the protocol. He is testing my AMH because I asked him to, but it will not change our protocol. He started me on 25mg of DHEA 3 times a day to help with the quality of the embryos. DHEA will continue until + pregnancy test.

CD 1: call nurse line to schedule baseline testing
CD 3:  baseline testing (if FSH is over 14, we wait a month....ugh!) Now called Stim day (SD) 1
SD 1 - 3: Begin injections. 425iu follistim in the morning. 425iu follistim in the evening + 75 iu menopor + Dexamethasone (steroid to help with eggs)
SD 4: 425iu follistim then go for bloodowrk and ultrasound. Meds will be adjusted accordingly depending on the results
SD 5 or 6: Begin "holding drug" Ganirelix (or Centritide depending on availability) as well as continuing Follistim and Menopur

I will be on Stims and holding drug for 8-12 days. Then trigger with HCG.

Retrieval Day - begin Medrol (steroid), begin baby aspirin, begin Progesterone in Oil (PIO).

We will be doing assisted hatching and ICSI on some of the embryos (but not all). It will be a 3 day transfer. We will decide how many to implant on that day. I'm adamant about 2. RE said 1-3 depending on quality.


I'm super nervous about the super high follistim. I was in a lot of uncomfortable pain on 150iu and this is way more than that. YIKES! They were calling in my med order to the pharmacy. I will need prior authorization, so it will take a few days to a week to get my meds. I expect my period on April 11th(ish). Hopefully she cooperates and I can move forward.

I'm praying my FSH stays in a range that we can continue this cycle. I'm very concerned about my egg supply and quality. I am only 28. It's just not fair.

1 comment:

  1. I see were are cycling the same time! Good luck to you :)

    ReplyDelete