Today, I finally got good news. We are good to go on our IVF this cycle. My FSH was 9.6 which is great! I thought since it was normal, he'd lower my dose of follistim, but they kept the dosage the same (850iu/day). I go back Tuesday AM for bloodwork and ultrasound to check my progress - and I'm going to assume to also lower my dosage.
I did my first set of shots tonight at 7pm. I've done follistim before, so it wasn't bad. Only thing is, my vial held 300iu, so I had to stick myself twice to get 425. I'll have to do the same thing tomorrow. The RE ordered 600iu vials, but I have some left over from my last cycle, so I am going to use it up first. The Menipur was a little tricky because there are so many steps to do to get it ready. It must be mixed before injecting. The needle was bigger (I've used that size for my trigger shot before and have had problems with it boucning off my stomach and then I have to use a lot of pressure and it hurts and bruises bad). But, this time I had no problems and it went right in! So I stuck myself 3 times tonight.
Tomorrow I will be doing Follistim in the AM and in the PM. I am now a human pin cushion. I'm going to run out of places to stick the needle! I can't wait to see what my stomach looks like at the end of this process. Bruised and battered - that's for sure!
I'm so thankful that my cycle was able to be started. I had a brief panic attack last night because I was terrified and sure they would tell me today it was cancelled. When the nurse called the first thing I said was, "Please tell me it's not bad news." She laughed and said no. Thank God! Thanks for all the prayers and wishes to help get this process started. Obviously they worked ;)
Here are my stats:
FSH: 9.6
E2: 73
Progeserone: 1.5
LH: 4.2
Left ovary: 9-10 follicles all less than 10
Right ovary: 4-5 follices all less than 10 (I feel this is low).
I am going to research if more pop up when on the medicine or if I will only have a chance to get up to 15 eggs.
No comments:
Post a Comment