7.30.2012

Here we go again....

It's that time again. Trigger time.

15 minutes ago, I took my HCG trigger shot to prime my eggs for retrieval. Because of my high E2, they are worried about OHSS and may decide to freeze all of the embryos and not do a live transfer. Of course, I'm hoping it does not come down to that. As a precaution, I was giving half of a dose of the HCG shot. This is what I usually take. Last time, I took the full dose, and ended up throwing up. So I was going to request half a dose anyways. I am set for retrieval on Wednesday at 8:00am.

If all goes according to plans, I will do a transfer of embryos on Saturday. I'm anxious to see the quality of the eggs and embryos because I'm considering putting three in. Although, I'm VERY aware and concerned about the risk of triplets, this is quite possibly the very last time doing IVF with my own eggs - my last chance to have a biological child of my own. I feel like I should do my best to give myself the best chance possible. I am going to talk to the RE after I see how they are progressing and see how many we actually get. It's a very hard decision to make, and I'm having a hard time with it. But I do not want to have any regrets.

I saw a praying mantis today. Well, Anthony found it. It was in the holly bush near the driveway. It was eating a grasshopper. I was in Elementary school, living in my childhood home the last time I saw one. It was good to see. Maybe it will mean good luck! I can use all the extra that I can get!

No comments:

Post a Comment