So far this cycle is holding good news for me. I'm super excited, but remain very cautious.
I had my egg retrieval yesterday. I was scared that the follicles would be empty, and asked the RE if he flushed out the follicles. He said no. So they take me in, and I fall asleep. I woke up to good news.
Two dozen eggs! They got 24 eggs!!! The RE asked if I was happy with that number (last time, when he told me 7, I started bawling). I told him, that I was very happy. He said they had only seen 22 follicles Friday so he was able to find 2 more eggs out of no where. He was happy, I was happy, Anthony was happy. Off to McDonalds for my chicken mcnugget meal and M&M McFlurry. This is what I want after every retrieval I had. No so healthy, but oh so good!
I spotted and was crampy after. It's amazing how the intense pressure just goes away when the eggs come out! I was and still am today, very much crampy. I laid around most of the day.
I called this morning for my fertilization report. I hate making this call. I've made this call several times in the past few months, and every time, the embryologist gives me terrible news. So I called. No answer. I called back 15 minutes later. She was doing procedures and would have to call me back. More anxious waiting..ugh!
The phone eventually rang and it was the embryologist. She asked how I was and told her okay - as long as it was good news. She excitedly said I am so happy to finally be able to give you good news! Then she gave me the report:
24 eggs were retrieved. Of those 24, 18 were mature. They were all fertilized using ICSI. 16 fertilized!!! Of those, 2 were deemed "genetically abnormal" and were discarded. One had 3 pro nuclei. From research, that means that it's possible more than one sperm fertilized the egg and it is no good. The other one was already 5 cells. It shouldn't even be dividing yet. So it was also discarded.
So if you kept up with my math. We have 14 good two pro nuclei embryos. Tomorrow they need to be at least 2 cells. I know not all 14 will make it, but I am hoping most of them make it. I would like to have some to freeze just in case. And, if I have enough to freeze, that makes my decision of putting in 2 vs 3 so much easier.
I will call again in the morning for my update. My transfer is scheduled on Saturday at 9am. I have to be there by 8 though, because I am doing acupuncture. I will be doing it before the transfer and after. Hopefully this will help with implantation.
So far...things are good. I hope they stay that way...
No comments:
Post a Comment