It's been awhile and a lot has gone on.
We decided to try IUI at least once before paying soooo much. My OBGYN said that he could do it and it would be $350 opposed to the RE which would be thousands...so when you pay $10,000 for IVF...what's another $350??
A coworker had a baby via IVF, so I went to her for advice and information. In which I learned our insurance covered a good chunk of hers. So I began to research. The RE financial lady who I will call "V" said that our policy says no IUI or IVF coverage. So, I called the insurance company and they ran the codes. Long story short, we are covered except for the actual implantation of the embryos and the freezing of the embryos. Good news for me. Except I had to fight and fight with "V" all week last week.Apparently it's a grey area - my policy covers Artificial Fertilization 100% but not Artificial Insemination..all the codes for the IVF cycle were fertilization with the exception of the implantation of the embryos. The insurance company faxed a letter to her and mailed one to me...so I expect a call this coming week from her saying we are good to go. If she doesn't - I will be very upset. This process is extremely stressful without "V" adding this unneeded stress. And we could have doing covered IUIs this whole time.
We had the IUI on Monday and now I'm in the forever long TWW (two week wait). I'm very optimistic that it will work. When doing the IUI, I learned that my cervix was very open and great cervical mucous! YAY ME! And super sperm - even injected 2 pipettes of sperm! YAY Anthony! But, she couldn't get any instruments through. Apparently, my outer cervix was open and the inner was not. She had to dialate my cervix to get the IUI finished. Makes me wonder if this is my whole problem. Can the sperm not get through? So if that's the case, then this IUI should work!
I've had a lot of cramping - which is new from my other injectable cycles. And my boobs hurt more than other cycles too. Yes, it's probably the progesterone suppositories, but I've been on them before and it hasn't been this bad. The upside....some pretty nice cleavage!! :)
So a lot of exciting news here! I have a lot of babycenter friends who are soon to be going through or just starting IVF, so it's exciting that I have them to lean on. The girls at Babycenter have been a godsend to me! Infertility is hard to deal with and it's hard when people don't understand since they haven't gone through it. But these girls - they have. They understand. We understand each other. I'm not sure what I'd do without them!
No comments:
Post a Comment