So basically, the RE said that because we do not have any problems, and I've done 3 injectable cycles, that IUI will only give a 10% chance of increase. He suggested that we go straight to IVF....which is $10,000...yippee! It is the price of 3 IUIs. And those aren't aren't guaranteed to work either. Since the injectabes and trigger hasn't worked, my doubts are there that IUI would work. So are the REs. Which is why he says IVF is the best option.
I thought I was okay with this, but after I kept thinking about it, I am in panic mode. It's so much money, and if it doesn't work, and I don't have enough eggs to freeze, then we would lose that money, and need the same amount for another cycle. It's just so much to deal with. I never EVER imagined that it would be THIS hard.
I'm trying to decide if I want to do at least one IUI to at least try it, or use that money for the IVF. I wish insurance companies covered some of this, but of course it doesn't.
So I have been doing much soul searching and research, trying to decide what I/We want to do. We have an IVF consult meeting scheduled on February 6th. That will give us general info of what will happen, the meds needed, and paperwork that needs to be filled out.
Currently, we are trying naturally (non medicated) this cycle due to 2 cysts. If IVF is the route we take, I'm not sure if it will be next cycle or in a few months. I will know more of the protocol when we have the meeting.
I just want to get away....stop thinking about all of this.....Maybe somewhere like this:
Too bad stupid flights are so expensive to Florida the week I want to go in February. It would be nice to get away and see my family and friends there.
No comments:
Post a Comment