Like I said before, we had set up an email in-case a prospective birth mother would like to contact us directly. I didn't expect anyone to email us. Well, when I checked it Saturday morning, much to our surprise, there was an email!
It came via a text message, so the email was the phone number. The message sounded like it was supposed to go to the agency, but was sent to us instead. She said our story really touched her and she was willing to place a child with us. She wanted to be contacted to speak to us. (which is why I think it was meant for the agency).
Anthony and I wrote a response and sent it that evening. But, then I realized that my response was too long, so I wrote a very short message that said that we'd love for her to get to know us better and to let me know that she got the message. Since it was an email to a text message, I figured she'd message back quickly.
So far, we have not received a response. I was a little saddened, because we were so excited. I continue to remain skeptical that it was real, but there was no indication that it was fake, and the number was from my area. I guess I could actually text her, but I didn't want to give out my cell phone number to people without having some sort of initial "get to know you" communication first.
I'm thinking she may have gotten scared that it was sent to us directly, when she intended to message the agency. I am going to see if the agency will contact her in a few days if I do not hear back, but I'm not sure that they will since she had not contacted them directly (even though the email is worded as such).
I didn't expect to get so excited so quick - I know it can be a long wait. It's been two weeks since our letter was posted. So, getting initial contact so soon was amazing and beyond exciting. I just don't want to continually be disappointed this whole wait. The email sounded so promising.
So for now we wait.....and hope...and pray that someone will pick us quickly.
<3
ReplyDelete