2.15.2014

Waiting

I need to learn to become more patient. I know with adoption, everything is out of our hands. We just have to wait until someone picks us. There is no rhyme or reason as to why someone else gets picked over us. There are currently 21 waiting families with our adoption. Like I said, it's a small agency in Pittsburgh so they don't accept a lot at one time. We have been live for over a month now. I almost want to "come out" of the adoption closet and let everyone know that we are adopting to help spread the word and hopefully make the process quicker. However, I am a teacher in a very small town. I want to avoid the students asking questions, but it will be impossible if we go public. No matter how long we wait, we know that there is a birthmother out there that will have a connection with us. <3 

It's hard when the people who already know we are adopting as how things are going. There is nothing to tell and we have no updates. This is another reason why we don't want to tell everyone. 

I keep looking at baby items. I told myself I would not buy anything until we are matched, but it's such a temptation. I have bought a few things. I bought some cute turtle wash clothes and towel (I absolutely love turtles! I have a pet water turtle), and a couple of sleepers. I bought 3-6 months since we do not know sizes. I have been adding things to my list on Target and Babiesrus like crazy. 

Valentine's Day was nice and peaceful! We weren't going to get anything for each other, but I broke the rule :) I ended up getting some strawberries and making a fruit bouquet for Anthony. I dipped some in chocolate, left some regular, and sprinkled some of the dipped ones with sprinkles. I also added some coconut marshmallows. I didn't think it looked all that great, but when Anthony saw it, he asked if I went to the Edible Arrangements store to buy them or if I had them delivered to the house. I just smiled. I sure do love him <3 

Here it is: 


We are going out to dinner tonight to P.F. Changs! I can't wait! 

I hope this waiting gets easier and I hope the birthmother finds us soon. I can do this! It will happen when the time is right! 

No comments:

Post a Comment