2.18.2014

Roller Coaster time! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Adoption:

Adoption is such an emotional roller coaster. There are highs and there are lows. There is such excitement, yet such worry and nervousness. Today is one of  my up and down days! 

I checked our adoption email this morning since we have a snow day today. I usually check it once a day, after work. When I checked it this morning, I was super excited to see that we got an email from who I can assume is a birthmother. I was super excited and immediately called Anthony. This time it was from an actual email address as opposed to a phone number. I sent a reply, and now I am anxiously awaiting for her to respond. As for the roller coaster, I do worry though, because of what happened last time, and we did not get a reply from the birthmother. I hope this one at least emails us back and we can get to know each other. 

It's hard to stay hopeful when there has been a past of disappointment. The social worker says that it a good thing because it shows that 1. people are reading our letter and 2. there is interest in us as prospective parents. He told us this last time, too. I do agree, but I just wish we could at least get responses! 

So, I remain super excited, but remain cautious. It is all out of our hands.

We just have to wait and see......

No comments:

Post a Comment